pages

Thursday, December 25, 2014

The Moment // O Momento

Something told me. He's here.

I flew down the stairs and out the door. He was close, I knew he was. My mom called after me, but I hardly heard. She was drowned out by the voice drumming in my head, He's here, he's here. He's close, he's here.

I ran to the end of our driveway and down the old dirt road. It stopped into pavement before too long, diving beneath the hard black surface, creating a T with the yellow lines fading down the middle of the modern road. I could see headlights. It's him, he's here. For once the voices were welcome.

I waited by the stop sign, anxiously patient. I peered through the windows as the car got closer, trying to see in, somehow knowing but still wondering. The sun was low, peeping over the hills in the background, lighting the world just enough to send it to sleep. I slowly realized all at once the icy cold seeping through my soles; in my hurry I'd run all this way barefoot in the snow, wearing only my short-sleeved pajamas. I didn't mind. He's here.

The car slowed as it crept closer. It finally pulled round the corner and stopped in front of me. A man stepped out in full uniform. I stood tall just above his waist. I stared at his belt for the longest second of my life, the moment my heart stopped time. I raised my eyes to his face, suddenly scared to trust my eyes or the voices, the moment that didn't exist. I looked into his smiling eyes. It's him.

He knelt down and held his arms out to me. Next thing I knew I was in his arms, the moment the world was still.


Algo me disse. Ele está aqui.

Desci as escadas e saiu pela porta. Ele estava perto, eu sabia que ele era. Minha mãe me chamou, mas eu quase não ouvi. Ela foi abafada pelo rufar voz na minha cabeça, Ele está aqui, ele está aqui. Ele está perto, ele está aqui.

Corri para o final do nosso caminho e pela estrada de terra antiga. Ele parou na calçada antes de muito tempo, o mergulho sob a superfície dura preta, criando um T com as linhas amarelas desvanecem no meio da estrada moderna. Eu podia ver os faróis. É ele, ele está aqui. Pela primeira vez, as vozes eram bem-vindos.

Esperei pelo sinal de parada, ansiosamente paciente. Olhei através das janelas quando o carro se aproximou, tentando ver em, de alguma forma saber, mas ainda se perguntando. O sol estava baixo, olhando ao longo dos montes no fundo, iluminando o mundo apenas o suficiente para enviá-lo para dormir. Eu lentamente percebeu tudo de uma vez o frio gelado que escoa através de minhas solas; Na minha pressa eu ia correr todo esse caminho descalço na neve, usando apenas o meu pijama de manga curta. Eu não me importava. Ele está aqui.

O carro diminuiu, uma vez que se arrastou mais perto. Ele finalmente se ao virar da esquina e parou na minha frente. Um homem saiu de uniforme completo. Eu estava logo acima de sua espera. Olhei para sua cintura para o segundo mais longo da minha vida, o momento meu coração parou tempo. Ergui os olhos para o seu rosto, de repente, com medo de confiar em meus olhos, nem as vozes, o momento em que não existia. Olhei em seus olhos sorridentes. É ele.

Ajoelhou-se e estendeu is braços para min. A próxima coisa que eu sabia que eu estava em seua braços, o momento em que o mundo ainda era.
translated by Google Translate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...