pages

Friday, April 29, 2016

Sob Story




"It slowly doesn't even matter anymore."




I heaved a deep breath as I desperately tried to stop.
Tried to stop crying.
Tried to stop thinking.
Tried to stop feeling anything.
I was once a master of hardness.

Not hard-heartedness.
I still cared.
I just cared too much.
And so I shut off the feeling of it.

Now I'm stuck in a reality where I've allowed feelings in.
I allowed the walls to fall.
I allowed these things to happen.
And the reason I allowed it is the reason I wish I hadn't.
While at the same time still glad that I had.








Your secrets don't bother me.
My own do, but yours don't.
No one's do, no one's but mine.
None seem so dark as these, even when they are.
They're only a shadow of my own.
Of course I'll still love you.








No need to fear, you aren't alone.
I'm here, I understand.
I'll talk you up and hold you down.
After you fall you'll stand.

Tell me everything you've done, child.
Tell me everything you can.
Tell me all you thought and saw.
I promise I'll understand.





"Copper, you're my best friend."

"And you're mine, too, Tod."

"And we'll always be friends forever. Won't we?"

"Yeah, forever."


(The Fox and the Hound)


And in the end,
they were.



  •> this is to all who are and will be mine <•> I love you <•  

4 comments:

  1. Such a sweet and sad post! Beautiful words.

    PS: I'm glad you're BACK! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! I love how I've been gone for months, and you still read and comment on my post in less than 24 hours. I even thought of you when I posted, and wondered if you'd comment. You're always the first. <3

      Delete
  2. Beautiful poetry. I loved it. </3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...